We believe that...
- Cooperation is the preferred form of enterprise, giving people control over the resources they create through democratic self-governance.
- Self-reliance is attained when people work together, have a financial stake, and both enjoy autonomy and accept the account ability for building and managing their own institutions.
- Progressive evolution of the society is possible only when development is directed by those whom it seeks to benefit.
- In particular, women and the less privileged must be involved in cooperative management and decision-making.
- Technological innovation and the constant search for better ways to achieve our objectives is the best way to retain our leading position in a dynamic market.
- While our methods change to reflect changing conditions, our purpose and values must remain constant.